For Uber Eats, orders in the U.S. and Canada have increased by 30% since mid-March — around the time the novel coronavirus was declared a national emergency, Fox News reports.
Here’s a rundown of some of Uber Eat’s most popular takeout dishes by state, according to Fox News.
- Overall, the most popular order is french fries. Fries hold the No. 1 spot in Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, South Carolina, Virginia and Washington (Utah and Colorado enjoy carne asada fries).
- Pad Thai was a favorite in Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Tennessee and Texas.
- Pennsylvania’s favorite food item was — you guessed it — cheesesteak.
- Crab rangoon was popular in Missouri and Wisconsin.
- Hispanic food was popular: Massachusetts favored the burrito, Montana the enchilada, North Carolina went for nachos and Louisiana enjoyed the chips and queso combo.
- Some unique orders: California’s favorite takeout order was chicken tikka masala; the BBQ mixed plate was most popular in Hawaii; Iowa has a soft spot for poké; Oklahoma is a big fan of sushi and Maine favors a good cheesy pazzo bread.
Visit here for the full list.
General Manager and Marketing leader, with over 20 years of progressive leadership experience in the CPG and retail industries.